We all like applying dark eye shadow but many of us don’t know the proper way or steps to apply it.
Dark eye shadow requires careful application to ensure that it’s not overwhelming or poorly defined. Here I have explained in simple way so that you can apply dark eye shadow effortlessly.
Steps to follow-
- Cleanse your face. Apply your daily moisturiser before applying any makeup on face. Always start your makeup on cleansed and clean face.
- Apply all your makeup like foundation, concealer lipstick, blush, contouring, highlighting except for your eye makeup.
- Apply a light or white eye shadow to your eyelids.This eye shadow colour should be neutral, not an exotic colour.
- Apply a little brown eye shadow to your eyes.This serves as a base colour for the rest of the shadows.
- Try to go for a medium coloured brown. Don’t choose a brown colour that is too light, or else it doesn’t work as good for a base colour. On the other hand, don’t choose a super dark brown, or else it will show through the rest of your eye shadow.
- Use a dark brown eye shadow to divide the areas between the eyelid and under the eyebrow.This will make your eyes appear larger and clearer.
- Apply your favourite dark shadow to the upper eyelids.For example, black, purple, blue or another darkish colour. If you decide to use black, don’t pack it on too heavy.
- Redefine the dividing line with the same shade.Split your shade a little to the under the eyebrow. Then brush a little on the lower eyelid.
- Apply dark eyeliner, preferably in the colour black.If you want, you could do a wing look.
- Apply several coats of dark mascara to the eyelashes.Several layers of mascara will produce a more intense look for your eyes, but don’t overdo it, or your eye lashes will be all clumpy. You can also apply fake eye lashes if you want.
- Balance both the eyes in the same way.Once the eye shadow is done for both eyes, you are ready for the look.
Hope this helps to apply dark eye shadow on your eyes. Do give it a try.