So finally Monsoons are here and one of my favourite season. But in monsoon we have to take care of our skin and hair more than any other season. Normal skin routine won’t work much for the skin in Monsoon.
Every season comes with some good news and some bad news and up to us to embrace it and make the best use of it.
Below are few tips you can implement in Monsoon to care for your skin in Rainy Season.
- Exfoliate your face 2 to 3 times a week to get rid of any dead cells on the skin. Scrubbing will help in unclogging your pores and also exfoliate your skin by removing the dead cell layers from it. Try and use natural scrubs instead of chemical based ones.
- Cleanse your skin 2 to 3 times a day to remove excess oil and dirt from the face. Use mild cleanser according to your skin tone.
- Don’t forget one of the important routine applying a non-alcohol toner on the face after cleansing.
- Use a good moisturizer according to your skin type. Usually in monsoon skin tends to get dry and it needs good moisturising.
- When stepping out of your home don’t forget your sun screen. It is quickly necessary to apply good sun screen to the face before stepping out.
- Keep yourself well hydrated. Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water daily.
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo 2 to 3 times a week. Usually in Monsoon hair becomes greasy because of humidity.
- Use good face mask mostly homemade mask to pamper your skin.
- Avoid junk and oily food. Eat mostly homemade food.
- Facials and bleaching make the skin rough during rains, hence should be avoided or at least limited.
- Water proof light make up will be a better choice in rains than heavy cream based make ups.
- Prevent the lips from cracking by applying good lip balm. Don’t forget to exfoliate lips too.
These were few tips which I follow personally in Monsoon to take care of my skin and hair. Do let me know if you follow any other tips for skin care or hair care in Monsoons.