Oily skin people have to face lot of problems when it comes to makeup. Makeup on oily skin tends to make face greasy and fades the makeup soon.
Makeup clogs the oily face soon than dry skin face.
So here are few tips for Oily skin people to help makeup stay long on face-
- Always wash the face with gentle face wash before applying makeup because washing the face will remove the excess oil and dirt from the face.
- Use moisturizer to hydrate skin before applying primer and makeup. Make sure you use something which is light on skin and doesn’t make skin oily or greasy.
- Before applying makeup always use a primer which is suitable for oily skin. You can use Inglot Primer, L’Oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Soothing Primer , MUA Matte Perfect Complexion Balancing Primer, Nivea Men After Shave Balm used as Makeup Primer are few good primer which I have used personally works well for oily skin.
- Avoid using primer on eyelids because it tends to make eyelids greasy and eye shadow looks creasy. So to avoid that use primer which are meant only for eyelids.
- Don’t overdo face powder. By applying too much face powder it backfires by making your pore push out more oil.
- Use Foundation exclusive for oily skin. Many people use foundation without knowing whether it suits them or not. So always use foundation depending on your skin tone. For Oily skin people always avoid cream based foundation because it tends make skin more oily and greasy afar some time. So best texture for oily skin people is either powder based or liquid based foundation.
- Always carry bloating paper in your handbags. Just use it when you feel your face is getting shiny or greasy. It’s the best way to remove that shininess from the face.
- Use Oil free makeup products on face especially foundation and blush that are oil-free and noncomedogenic, which means they don’t clog your pores.
- Stick to product which are waterproof and long wear. You can use eye shadows, eyeliner which are waterproof and smudge proof which can be there on your eyes for long.
- Take care of your face by giving it extra care once or twice in a week by scrubbing and applying a good face mask specially meant for oily skin.
Follow the above makeup tips. I am sure your makeup will stay for long and less oily and greasy.